We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Director to lead the Finance function at Quantuma and drive forward with innovation and initiative.
You will be responsible for a team of finance professionals and your role will be focused on leading and supporting the ongoing growth in that area.
With offices based across the UK and internationally, travel will be an integral part of this role where you will engage with teams across the Quantuma business.
- You will be part of the management team and contribute at Management Board meetings.
- Leading the firm’s finances and be proactive in ensuring that the firm meets its financial targets.
- Liaison with the firm’s bankers, auditors and solicitors.
- Lead ad hoc projects and prepare business cases to support investment decision and contribution statements to monitor progress.
- Co-ordinating the firm’s business plan including the business model and supporting financial analysis.
- Work with partners to develop the practice, including overseas operations building on the firm’s recent investment in Cyprus.
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and manage costs effectively, including the development of the firm’s business processing unit known as Qhub.
- Develop financial reporting systems that provide timely management information to the partners and staff.
- Review and develop financial controls commensurate with the firm’s vision to be a £30m turnover business by 2023.
Detailed duties - the following summarises the primary duties in carrying out the role as Finance Director:
- Supervise the Finance Team which comprises a qualified management accountant, two accounts trainees, an accounts payable clerk and a cashier to ensure that the core accounting records (time records, invoicing, payroll, etc.) are maintained up to date including tracking key financial data.
- Ensure that routine reports are circulated to the business in accordance with an agreed timetable and that recipients respond on an exception basis.
- Liaise with the local offices as regards routine data through the appointed Finance Champions.
- Oversee the production of the annual budget and forecast and produce an accompanying written commentary.
- Generate the financial projections and scenario analyses to support the firm’s strategic business plan.
- Assist in the evaluation of investment opportunities and draft business cases.
- Produce monthly and quarterly management accounts with supporting analyses and commentary.
- Produce analyses of all material investments made by the firm and evaluate performance against the original business case.
- Chair the firm’s Finance subcommittee, circulate an agenda and papers in advance of such meetings and follow up action points.
- Be the primary contact with the firm’s auditors and tax advisers.
- Ensure that partner tax accounts are properly maintained and that required tax payments are made by the due date.
- Produce quarterly statements of the balances on capital account, current account and tax reserve for each partner.
- Ensure that all of the firm’s financial practices including the treatment of client monies are in line in statutory regulations.
- Monitor cash flow and produce updated weekly and rolling six month cash flow forecasts and instigate remedial action as necessary
- Make recommendations to the Management Board around cost savings where appropriate.
- Make recommendations to the management Board around improving efficiency and minimising financial risk.
- Be the principal point of contact with the firm’s bankers and oversee the arrangement of bank loans for partner capital.
- Maintain a succinct policy manual for the Finance department.
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- In addition, the role includes acting as secretary to the LLP and its subsidiaries.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A qualified accountant with at least five years’ post qualification experience including significant exposure to people businesses.
- Experience of multi-location businesses with overseas operations is desirable.
- Comprehensive experience of operating a supporting accounting system is a prerequisite for the role.
- You should also be able to evidence proficiency with MSO (including advanced Excel) and in generating management reports.
- The role requires strong leadership skills and significant management experience as well as excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Integrity and honesty are essential.
- An understanding of data privacy standards and client confidentiality is required.
- The role requires attention to detail as well as organisational skills.
- The role requires a willingness to engage on site with partners and staff in the various offices and where necessary, the firm’s overseas operations.
- The ability to communicate performance to the firm’s partners and staff is critical alongside the ability to gain the trust of senior partners and to make an all-round contribution at management Board meetings.
Quantuma is a leading business advisory firm offering solutions to businesses and individuals with financial challenges and operational aspirations. The firm has 10 offices across the UK as well as in major cities such as Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton and Bristol with its headquarters in London. The company currently has over 140 staff nationwide who have a proactive approach to client care and ensure that there is a tangible benefit from the depth of knowledge provided by their team.
The areas of expertise at Quantuma range from Corporate Finance, Investigations, Litigation Support and Funding Solutions Risk Management to Turnaround, Restructuring and Insolvency.
- Finance Director
- Qualified Accountant
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'