The Finance Director is a key member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the charity and its subsidiaries. The Finance Director is also responsible for budgeting, reporting on the financial performance to management and the Executive Board.
- Oversee all company accounts including reporting to commissioners, Executive Board, HMRC, and Charities Commission
- Oversee the monthly financial accounts, KPIs and report timely
- Provide strategic financial planning and management
- Agree organisational budget for each fiscal period, maximising opportunities to invest into delivering stronger services, helping to achieve the aims of the charity
- Directly manage the Finance Team, including management of staff and budgets
- Create an open book culture - design and create ongoing skills development for staff team
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for SMT and Executive Board
- Ensure regulatory and legislative compliance with Charity Commission, Companies House, and HMRC
- Monitor assets, liabilities and inter-subsidiary transactions
- Lead integration and productivity improvement activity
- Assist the CEO with financial due diligence on potential new acquisitions and once acquired, manage the financial integration process
- Ensure Policies and Systems for the department are fit for purpose
- Ensure that specialist advice and guidance on Finance matters is provided to staff and management as required
Financial Management, Information and Reporting
- Undertake effective budget planning and delivery in accordance with Charity's financial policies at all times.
- Regularly report on budget performance to the Chief Executive including any potential over or under spends
- Sign off all Management Accounts in accordance within agreed timescales and ensuring absolute accuracy
- Prepare Statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations
- Ensure that all month and year-end and other necessary processing activities are undertaken appropriately e.g. monthly bank reconciliations, co-ordinate and consolidate monthly management information, payroll, pensions etc.
- Assist with financial aspect of bid processes, project proposals and contract negotiations
- Support with the creation of Business Development strategy, in particular with regards to costings including resource allocation
- Develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders / Communicate and consult with all relevant stakeholders in order to ensure that requirements are understood and actions are undertaken on a platform of positive, reciprocal relations
- Provide information in a clear, concise and professional way
- Represent the charity professionally at all times including key external meetings, public events and conferences
- Due Diligence
- Finance Director
- Financial Performance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"