Robertson Bell are working in partnership with Greenwich Hospital to recruit a Finance Director. This superb, London charity is based in St Paul’s and has a first-class reputation for providing indispensable support for ex and current service men and women and their dependents.
With strong programmes in housing, education as well as other specific projects, Greenwich Hospital are in an exceptional financial position to deliver on their exceptional charitable objectives. One key project of recent note is their pioneering scheme to enable those deployed to stay connected to their family during months of absence as for many, long periods of absence away from families is one of the toughest parts of the job. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to not only lead the finance function of an organisation changing the lives of so many, but also an exceptional career opportunity for a financially astute professional.
The Finance Director will work closely with the CEO and manage a team of three. Overseeing the Finance and HR functions and will have scope to heavily influence the forward progress of the organisation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Property Director to lead on strategic plans and provide financial support and advice
- Ensure the compliance of Financial Management and procedures is maintained
- Oversee the preparation of the annual budget
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Advise on investment property policy and estate management procedures so as to deliver optimal income returns while maintaining the real value of investments.
- Ensure that financial systems and published accounts comply with the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- Monitor in-year income and expenditure against the approved Budget
- Present monthly and quarterly financial management information to the GH HQ management team
- Provide support to the finance team at the Royal Hospital School
- Give strategic oversight to and monitor performance of the outsourced financial management of the property portfolio
We are looking for an ambitious, forward thinking, qualified finance professional either looking for their first step into a number one finance role or looking to take a sideways step into an organisation with huge potential. Being fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong and broad technical financial understanding and will have the ability to build a sustainable and ambitious finance strategy. Property or housing background would be extremely beneficial due to this organisation’s extensive property portfolio. An understanding of investments would also be advantageous as 40% of their income is from their investment portfolio.
If you are looking for an exciting move in the sector as part of an organisation with impressive reach, please don't delay in applying.
- Finance Director
- Finance Manager
- Financial Management
- Finance Business Partner
- Head of finance