Castlefield Recuitment are working as a retained partner to a highly regarded Yorkshire house builder, with a brief to identify a high calibre candidate for an exciting Finance Director position.
Skipton Properties are a multi-award winning developer with over thirty years’ experience, holding a reputation for building distinctive high quality homes. Their Head Office is based in modern premises within a short commute of Skipton, Keighley, Ilkley and surrounding areas.
Due to the impending retirement of their current Finance Director, there is an opportunity for a talented Accountant to work with a small progressive team of Directors, who are looking to improve and grow the business. They offer a competitive salary and attractive package, with a modern approach to work/life balance in a friendly family run business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Active input to the setting of company strategy, direction and its business plan
- Advise the Board on financial implications of their plans for growth and development
- Analysis and forecasting of performance by identifying key factors influencing business performance and developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement
- Liaising with all external professionals and consultants including: Financial Institutions, Solicitors, Auditors, Surveyors, IT Consultants
- Ensure an effective structure and high performing people are in place to handle all financial operations, including: Monthly Management Accounts, Annual Statutory Accounts, 5 Year Rolling Forecast, Quarterly Rolling Cash Flow Forecasts
- Management and development of the finance team including Payroll & HR
- General administration tasks concerning the vehicle fleet, insurance matters and IT issues
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who holds significant industry experience in a senior finance role
- Construction industry sector experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Proactive outlook and a passion for excellence
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to conduct important negotiations with external partners
- Strong IT system skills
To apply for this position, please use the link provided or contact Chris Oldfield at Castlefield's Leeds Office or via LinkedIn to discuss further.
- Finance Director
- Senior Finance