I'm currently recruiting for a well established Law Firm based in Bedford who are looking to recruit a Finance Director to come in and overhaul and support this firm whilst they go through an exciting period of growth.
This is a newly created Board level position. You will be a strategic thinker and commercially minded with previous relevant experience within the legal environment and a comprehensive understanding of Solicitor Accounts Rules and Solicitor Regulatory Authority (SRA) rules.
As Finance Director your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Reviewing the monthly management accounts and writing the monthly finance reports.
* Budgeting and forecasting
* Audit and statutory accounts preparation
* VAT and taxation
* Strategic planning
* Day-to- day and annual responsibility for the firms Accounts, Tax and Audit requirements
* Managing a small team
* Mergers and Acquisitions, from due diligence through to advisory work
* Attending monthly management committee meetings
* Attending finance committee meeting and full Partners' meetings
* Managing key finance-relevant external relationships
* Various ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will demonstrate significant experience in a similar role, or be an ambitious ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with experience working in the legal sector.
Feel this is the right challenge for you? Apply now by sending your CV to or call me on
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job