fdu's build-out practise is working with a well respected and established food producer and logistics provider, to recruit their new Finance Director. The business has undergone recent transformation, has developed new solution's for it's customer and will soon embark on a new offfering. The Finance Director will play a critical role in the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Forming close working relationships with the managing directors and other departments within a company
- Provide leadership to the Company's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company's budget and accounting function and provide company-wide budgetary planning (with MD).
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the company challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and sales drivers.
- Lead and develop the Finance team
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Work with auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures and maintain a policy manual for the finance department.
Skills and Experiences:
- Qualified accountant or QBE.
- Highly numerate with an ability to analyse data, understand the inter-relationship of key drivers, whilst at the same time being commercial with an ability to stand back and understand the wider implications of decisions.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to plan and deliver their own work and that of their direct reports.
- Retail or Logtistics and e-Commerce experience preferrred.
- A personable but 'straight down the line’ approach with no 'airs and graces’.