Based near Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, our client is an international manufacturing company looking for a qualified accountant to join them as Finance Director on a permanent basis.
This job would suit an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant who has previous Finance Director experience to be responsible for providing financial leadership and strategic support to the Board for this c.£30M turnover business. There is currently a finance team of 4 people with a strong Financial Controller who has not previously had the time to develop the commercial side of the business.
This is a global family business and a leading manufacturer that distributes worldwide. Travel will be an essential part of this role to visit existing subsidiaries and branches in different countries but won't be excessive. Travel will also be involved when establishing new sites and business in new territories.
The successful individual will have previous experience as a Finance Director ideally in a business with some operations overseas. Knowledge of the Manufacturing sector is essential. Experience of setting up new businesses/ subsidiaries will be advantageous, but not essential, as will experience of acquisitions and integration work. The candidate must be commercially minded whilst being willing to be hands on when necessary within this SME business.
Duties will include:
- Co-ordination and review of the monthly management accounts produced by the FC and team
- Annual budgets and forecasting
- Management of statutory reporting across all entities and countries
- Strategic costing analysis and financial planning
- Treasury and cash flow management
- Tax planning including tax implications of our overseas offices
- Development of the finance systems to enhance consistency and efficiencies
- Internal auditing
- Legal matters
- Review of potential acquisition opportunities
- Delivery of strategic reviews and plans for different businesses across the Group.
For more information about this role or any other Finance Director jobs in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
- Finance Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job