This role is for both Qualified and Qualified by Experience professionals and you MUST be available immediately.
• Ensuring that all financial procedures, tenders and processes are operated in accordance with the Trust’s Schedule of Financial Delegation, finance manual and the Academies Financial Handbook as published by the DfE.
• Overseeing regular tenders as required to ensure value for money across the Trust.
• Oversee the preparation of the budgets for each academy.
• Oversee the preparation of all management accounts, statutory accounts and DfE returns, ensuring that all filing deadlines are met. Presenting to the Business Committee as required.
• Oversee the preparation of the long term forecast.
• Authorise the quarterly VAT returns.
• Authorise the monthly payroll for each academy.
• Final review/authorisation of POs and Invoices across the Trust.
• Responsible for the internal control procedures for the Trust. Work with the Responsible Officer and Audit Committee to ensure a robust audit schedule and support the Responsible Officer with the presentation of these to the Business Committee as required.
• Oversee the monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare documentation for termly Business Committee meetings and the annual Audit Committee meeting and AGM.
• Manage Finance Team
- The Management Accountant responsible for management and statutory accounts and monthly reporting to Head teachers.
- 3 x Finance Officers responsible for income and purchase ledgers, payroll and VAT returns and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Admin Assistant responsible for FSM, Parent Pay and lunch cards.
• Plan cash flow and place treasury deposit investments as required.
• Prepare payroll reports for the Pay Committee as required.
• Oversee the management of 6th form bursary fund.
• Preparation of the Risk Register for the Trust.
• Act as the Company Secretary for the Trust.
• Management of relationships with auditors, banks, DFE, EFA and other external stakeholders as required.
• Oversee the annual audit.
• Oversee the termly Responsible Officer audits.
• Oversee the annual uniform sales day for Y7.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job