Goodman Masson is pleased to be working with a unique consultancy business with a social purpose to recruit their new Finance Director. With a focus on environmental issues, this business works across projects including rehabilitating degraded rain forests, plastics recovery from the world's oceans and renewable energy.
Since start-up in 2016, they have grown to a turnover of £10mil and aim to double in size in the next 5 years. As a small international business, they are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Director who is keen to join an ambitious, fast-paced business and who is able to lead on all financial strategy.
As Finance Director you will report to the Managing Partner and as part of the Operations Team, will work very closely with the Chief Operating Officer. Furthermore, this role will lead and work closely with a small Finance team as well as the Partners and functional leadership team. The Finance Director is responsible for leading the financial planning, reporting and policies of the business, as well as upgrading the financial systems and processes as the business continues to evolve and grow. The Finance Director should provide financial stewardship and reports to the Executive Committee and investors on financial performance, position, risks and cash flow. Given their fast-growing SME status and entrepreneurial culture, this role will be hands-on with tasks ranging from operational topics to questions of high strategic importance. The Finance Director will attend the Executive and Investment Committees and hold the office of Company Secretary.
Key Responsibilities (subject to change and evolution in line with business needs):
- Jointly with external accounting support, lead the improvement of financial controls, systems and reporting to steering the business
- Ensure efficient and accurate financial reporting including management accounts, forecasting, cash flow, project economics (including staff utilization) and payroll.
- Manage and improve the financial performance, including costs, revenues, and cash.
- Supervise, and where necessary, produce financial reports for investors and ensure reports comply with specifications and deadlines
- Lead the budget process, consolidating input from platforms and internal functions
- Support lead partners in financial planning and controlling of advisory and investment projects
- Manage and provide advice on the risk management for the organisation
- Oversee the implementation of internal financial controls
- Manage relationships with accountants as well as auditors for high quality and timely service
- Manage banking relationships, including bank accounts in foreign currencies and countries
- Ensure that offices are compliant with financial requirements in country (currently, UK, Germany, Indonesia with others likely to follow over the coming months)
- Manage relevant audit and compliance issues and implications for policies
- Manage procurement, legal and contractual requirements, at both project and company level
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for individuals who blend functional experience with a burning heart for building a purposeful, high-performing and game changing Finance team and entity.
- Collaborative working style
- Experience managing a team and developing people
- Exposure to working in a small growing business
- Ideally worked in a project based and/or professional services environment
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Finance/Accounting/Controlling or similar
- A recognized professional qualification
- 10+ years of work experience in finance/accounting/controlling functions with high responsibility
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and the determination to get things done in a dynamic context
- Dedication to high-quality work and attention to details
- Proven skills to communicate and interact with senior leaders in the investment and finance community
- Experience in leading the finances of a SME company
- (Ideally) experience in working with the software packages Xero and upgrading finance software
This company truly values people's personal aspirations and life balance, and offer a flexible working environment. They have cool new offices within excellent transport links (and bike facilities) in the heart of London. With a view of St Paul's cathedral!
If this sounds of interest, please apply asap.
- Finance Director