Athwal Resourcing is seeking an exceptional Finance Director for an autonomous manufacturing subsidiary (Turnover £10m+) of a Global Group. This newly created role of Finance Director will be instrumental within the company's senior management team, and will play a key role in formulating and developing the long term strategic plan; whilst ensuring the growing manufacturing operation has financial control and meeting the Group's standards and reporting timescales.
The Finance Director will report directly to the UK CFO and Managing Director. This role is primarily hands on, controlling, supporting and managing all aspects of the Finance function, delivering against key objectives and ensuring a co-ordinated approach in line with the Company's future strategy on a number of commercial and operational projects.
This career progressive Finance Director position is ideally suited to an ambitious Finance Controller looking for their first Finance Director role or an operational and commercial Finance Director who is looking for a new challenge within a business with ambitious growth plans. The role requires commitment and the willingness to get the desired results.
The Finance Director role will include:
- Financial control, preparation, reporting and analysis for the monthly financial results. This includes ensuring all day to day accounting is completed accurately and the timely preparation of management reports for the Board and Group. Including understanding and explaining variances and including providing analytical direction and actions to achieve the targeted results;
- Staff Management. To lead and manage the finance department and ensure the highest standards of financial control across the business;
- Lead the Annual Budgeting and Forecasting. Help prepare the annual budget and monthly forecasts. Monitor actual performance against the strategic plan and other targets and give timely advice and explanation of any variances to budget or forecast, enabling corrective action to be taken at the earliest opportunity;
- Working Capital & Cash Management. Develop and manage cash and ensure working capital is monitored together with forecasting future cashflows;
- Strategic and Commercial Initiatives. Working with the Managing Director, the senior management team and the Board on strategic and commercial initiatives across the company. Providing feasibility studies and all other financial analysis to support the business on the financial implications of key decisions, and providing financial support on commercial tenders and contract negotiations;
- Streamline the Processes and Procedures. Recommend improvements to achieve effective internal control to ensure they meet the business needs;
- Business partner non finance members. Take an active role in local operational, commercial and financial matters; to identify, evaluate and propose productivity and performance improvements for the business.
- Operational Excellence. In developing and driving the management reporting and in designing a dashboard of KPI reports in line with operational and strategic targets;
- Managing External Relationships. Ensure all external reporting and submissions to external Auditors, Bank and Tax Authorities are submitted on time and in line with statutory regulations, and Group timescales.
The successful Finance Director will be:
- Fully qualified accountant either ACMA/ACCA/ACA;
- Ideally a commercially focused and strategic thinker with hands on technical accounting experience;
- Demonstrated hands-on accounting and reporting experience at both the operational and strategic levels ideally from a SME or subsidiary reporting into a Group environment;
- A strong team player with proven leadership qualities, capable of motivating, controlling and developing finance teams;
- A demonstrable record of achievement in the implementation and maintenance of financial controls and in developing and managing initiatives focusing on process;
- Experience in compliance and governance;
- Working alongside a highly motivated senior management team you must be able to articulate and evidence how initiatives benefit the business;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement;
- Strong analytically analysis and evaluation skills to be able to understand the numbers and the issues they relate to;
- Be IT literate (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and worked extensively with stand-alone systems and Sage accounting;
- Confident with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Finance Director to join a subsidiary of a large global business. The successful candidate will have the necessary technically accounting skills but have the ability to install operational excellence and demonstrate commercial acumen. This role will challenge the status quo, whilst seeking out the best way forward and help provide the necessary financial information to ensure best practice is achieved within the business.
The business will offer a competitive package and an opportunity to join as it goes through the next phrase. Please apply in confidence to Athwal Resourcing.