A fantastic Finance Director vacancy for a large international manufacturing company, based in Newport
Our Client is a large Manufacturing company with an international presence and and entrepreneurial vision for growth.
Working alongside CEO, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role of the Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Often managing and leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and budgeting & costing, the Finance Director would have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Company's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company's accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Responsibility to ensure that the IT arrangements in place are adequate to support the business needs.
- Manage banking relationships
- Administration with respect to working capital management, raw materials and finished goods releases under various working capital facilties
- Management a team of 6 in finance and 2 in IT.
- Responsibility for the audit and annual report for multiple company entities.
- Responsibility for the insurance arrangements for both sites.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
The successful candidate will be
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Previous experience as an Finance Director within a manufacturing company
- Detailed understanding of manufacturing cost models and related KPIs.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job