LOCATION: Zagreb, Croatia
REMUNERATION: ca €80k-€100k + Stock options
This is an exciting opportunity to become the CFO for a multi-award winning and rapidly growing global company whose mission is to empower the delivery of financial services to the underserved and unbanked. Access to financial services is critical to transforming lives and empowering people globally. Our client addresses this issue through the provision of its cloud banking software for those marginalised and excluded financial institutions that are ready to scale up to serve mass markets of underserved clients. Its flagship SaaS solution, enables financial institutions to know and control their portfolios, so that they can transform inefficiencies into operational excellence, limited data into informed decision-making, and stagnancy into growth.
The starting salary reflects the growth stage of the company and the relatively low cost of living in Zagreb. However, the growth potential in terms of salary and major capital gains via stock options provides a very attractive opportunity for the right person.
The client is headquartered in Zagreb with offices in London, Lagos, Johannesburg and Manila. It has a long list of awards in the fintech and microfinance industries
They currently employ more than 50 people in 5 countries. The company has been funded to grow significantly in the coming years.
As a result of the rapid growth of the business our client is now looking to expand its leadership team and is seeking an experienced but ambitious Finance Director. Reporting directly to the MD, this key role will sit on the senior management team with overall responsibility for the financial management of the business and will be critical to driving profitability and pursuing growth strategies.
The individual will need to be well-qualified, have a good understanding of software and services businesses, have excellent skills in a multi-currency, multi-jurisdiction operation and be very hands-on.
The role is a critical hire for the client and will be an integral part of the core leadership team for the business. As a result, the successful individual will be expected to contribute to the business across a wide area, both strategic and operational. In detail the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Play an active role in the senior management team to achieve the company vision, maximize growth, and evolve the business into a global company
- Play a proactive role in developing and shaping the clients growth strategy
- Support the clients long-term and short-term revenue goals and targets with effective business plans and budgets
- Support the MD and the leadership team in any strategic activity (including acquisitions, fundraising rounds etc), via due diligence, financial and business modelling and/or scenario planning
- Reflect and advertise the key cultural values of the client:
- Carry full responsibility for the financial stewardship, management and control of our client Advise the Board and the MD on all financial matters
- Manage all finance staff across the company
- Define, implement and operate core financial and management information systems and processes for the client
- Carry responsibility for all accounts payable and receivable activity with an objective of minimising impacts on the company’s cash flows
- Be responsible for the purchase and management of all key assets of the company
- Define and administer company expense processes and procedures
- In conjunction with the HR Director administer company payroll systems
- Continuous management and monitoring of the cash flow situation of the company
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant management accounting reports to support the executive team and other key parts of the business particularly in relation to progress against key financial and non-financial performance indicators, including performance against budgets and plans both from a profitability and cash point of view.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) with good all round credentials in financial and management accounting and reporting, treasury and tax issues
- Minimum of 5-7 years of post-qualifying experience, of which 3 years should have been at an executive level with a commercial business, preferably in the software and/or banking industry
- Experience of working with small and/or early stage companies
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of M&A, due diligence, supporting funding rounds and working with VC or PE companies
- Demonstrable experience in multi-currency and global environments
- A business savvy finance professional who can contribute creatively to executive discussions about business strategy and growth
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - with the ability to connect at senior levels
- Strong command of the English language, written and spoken
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Proven expertise in strategic thinking and executing strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organisational skills required to articulate and evangelise our clients vision of enabling financial access for all
- Finance Director
- International M&A
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job