Salary: 60 - 70k plus negotiable
Competitive Salary inc 5% ER Pension contribution
BUPA, Life Cover (4x), and critical illness
25 days holiday
A2Z Recruitment Solutions is seeking an experienced Finance Director, Controller for one of the UK's largest providers of Healthcare services and retailers, As a Finance controller/director your main objective is to assist the MD in driving the day to day performance and long term growth in the business, with specific responsibility for the management of the companies finances.
Responsibilities of a Finance controller / Finance Director:
- Provide strong business partnering support to the MD and wider management team
- Lead development of the financial strategy, budgets, and forecasts to assist in tracking progress and planning for growth
- Represent the business with external stakeholders including Suppliers, Customers, Lenders and Government agencies
- Provide challenge to the board on areas of efficiency and growth
- Monitor cash flow. Plan and proactively manage any funding requirements.
- Own the financial processes, procedures and controls to ensure the safeguarding of company assets and accuracy of financial systems
- Prepare monthly management accounts with supporting commentary.
- Oversee and help run Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Prepare and file VAT and other tax returns
- Prepare and file statutory accounts, acting as the main point of contact for auditors
- Lead the relationship with financial stakeholders
- Maintain relationship with existing lenders - Faro (shareholder) and Metro Bank
- Explore and recommend alternative sources of finance, implement as appropriate
- Produce monthly/quarterly reporting to financial stakeholders
- Reinforce the business systems, controls, and processes
- Create an effective model of stock monitoring and project reporting
- Act as company secretary (in conjunction with external advisors - Macfarlanes), managing Board agenda and filings with Company House
- Review and oversee CIS returns
- Oversee Human Resources
- Implement appropriate systems and controls, creating a performance improvement culture
- Liaise with external payroll provider to complete monthly pay cycle
- Undertake relevant reporting to HMRC and other stakeholders
- Recommend and lead the implementation of any system changes and related implementations/integrations (inc finance and HR system)
Job requirements of a Finance controller / Finance Director:
- Qualified Accountant (PQE 7+)
- Ability to cover a wide breadth of financial capabilities
- Can-do attitude, pragmatic and comfortable working in a hands-on culture which is fast-moving but often ambiguous
- Effective presentation & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in retail or consumer business desired but no essential
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems - currently use Sage but scope to upgrade to a new system, possibly Dynamics
Regretfully due to the volume of responses generated A2Z Recruitment Solutions are only in a position to contact those candidates who have been successful.
Keywords: Finance Director, Head of Finance, Finance Controller
- Finance Director
- Financial Controller
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'