Finance Controller - initial 6 months contract
Opportunity to review the finance department including staffing, systems and processes so that they are best placed for the future.
The Finance Controller will work closely with the CEO to develop the finance function further:
- Reviewing internal processes and controls and ensuring clear roles and responsibilities including segregation of duties (to include bank reconciliations, month end process, VAT returns)
- Structure of the finance team both now and in the future: what does the organisation need, how should responsibilities be allocated across roles.
- Review of accounting package (Advanced Exchequer): is this fit for purpose, is it providing the financial reporting that the CEO and Board of Trustees require.
- Exploring zero based budgeting and setting up new cost centres aligned with our government funding.
- Improving the suite of reports available to support better decision making.
- Training for finance and key management staff on report production, budgeting/forecasting (either Excel or in the system)
- Providing training to staff where necessary to ensure accurate data entry and reporting
- Ensure the correct use of Gift Aid for our organisation including recommendations how we can maximise this.
- Draft finance process and controls policy
- Revised budget model incorporating allocated government funding
Working from home to start with but when things change it would be good for you to meet the team in person.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'