Financial controller (Salary dependent on individual skill set).
Advance Logistics Support specialise in the supply and recruitment of quality drivers, transport and logistics personnel. We pride ourselves on our honesty, integrity, industry knowledge, experience and look for candidates that understand and believe in our values so in turn will be an asset to our customers…
Applications are invited from candidates with relevant qualifications and experiences that can fill this key position within our management team. We are able to offer this role on a full time basis or would consider a part time basis (20-30 hours, pro-rata)
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a key position within the company and the finance department. Responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department, you will take on the management of the finance function to deliver all the financial and accounting activities at Advance in a fast recruitment industry, you will work with other non-finance team members, producing insightful information and reporting that will help everyone achieve their respective results.
Financial and management accounting
- Oversee the timely and correct completion of all statutory accounts, returns and statements
- Create monthly management reports that identify the results against set budgets, trends and projected forecasts in the company
- Lead your team to deliver the department’s weekly and monthly schedules of tasks that will maintain robust controls in the delivery of financial, payroll and management accounting information and month-end and year-end close processes
Cash flow management
- Manage cash flow on a continuous basis
- Identify and resolve potential cash flow issues early
- Ensure that robust monitoring of outstanding debtors and other areas that negatively impact upon the cash position of the company are addressed
- Maintain the financial reputation of the company with our suppliers by fulfilling the creditor terms
Maintain robust financial processes
- Lead the small finance team to produce all required levels of financial information from the department’s financial system
- Ensure that the finance team have the best and most effective processes and systems which will maintain robust financial systems
Other key areas of responsibility
- Ensure that all payroll and pensions requirements are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Payroll for internal staff and oversee the process of the payroll team for over 200 temporary agency workers.
- Maintain robust control over the company’s Fixed Assets, Capital Projects and financing arrangements
- Oversee all the company’s transaction within their respective areas (e.g. control accounts, accounts payable, factoring and receivable)
- Support the Directors with ad-hoc tasks that will maintain the company’s ability to react quickly to opportunities
- Motivate your team to provide quality financial information that is engaging and helps non-finance deliver upon their own company targets and objectives.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic financial professional with a successful track record of delivering the varied tasks associated to a finance department of small or medium sized company. The person will have experience of working at the managerial level or, is ready to take the next step in his/her career, to manage a small finance team at Advance.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or Senior Finance role.
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of working with industry leading accounting packages
- Experience with Sage
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain financial information
Sounds like you