A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join brand and retail merchandising company based in Stratford. The company is backed by private equity and is in an exciting stage of growth.
This is an exciting role for an individual who is looking for the chance to be involved in a fast moving company that designs and manufactures outstanding display solutions for many of the world’s most prominent brands.
Reporting to the Financial Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial controlling for the business. You will need to ensure the integrity of data transfers to and from Production and Sales, review processes to ensure reliable segregation of duties, maintaining and updating standard costing data. You will need to be proactive and driven to implement improvements, utilising strong communication skills to work efficiently across the business. You will be responsible for managing a team of 4 direct reports.
- Give help and guidance to the team and make them aware of their deadlines of when they should be completing their tasks i.e. Supplier statements reconciled, Purchase ledger, Sales Ledger, Bank.
- Reconcile Monthly stock reports by inputting data into an excel file, which in turn produces a journal of the cost of sales for the month and Balance sheet entries for WIP & Finished goods stock value. Reconcile and post journals for obsolete stock movement.
- Sales reconciliation between despatches and Sales invoiced, once Sales ledger closed.
- Ensure all weekly payroll costs have been posted before commencing with the overhead review.
- Post monthly journals in preparation of reviewing the overheads, i.e depreciation, prepayments and adhoc.
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts and raise journals if postings have been made in error.
- When Purchase ledger is closed can then commence reviewing the overheads by account code by department, create a journal for accruals and when complete provide an explanation for variances to budget.
- Reconcile GRNI account and post any variance to the cost of sales in the P&L.
- When all of the above has been completed the P&L can then be run and reviewed. Check that the Material, Labour, Carriage and installation costs are in line with forecast and that the gross margin % is correct.
- Final review of Balance sheet to ensure all accounts are reconciled.
- Present P&L to the Finance Director with explanations on variances to budget and forecast.
- Commence Monthly board pack.
- Maintain and update standard costing data.
You will be a qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience of delivering a month end result and managing a team.
Finatal are specialist recruiters of CFOs, Finance Directors and senior finance resources to private equity-backed businesses. We work with private equity investors, their portfolio companies or privately-owned businesses looking to exit, to provide the best quality finance talent to ensure your business is in the best possible shape.
Job reference: EC0102
At Finatal, we can recruit individuals on an interim or permanent basis and have access to a great network of resources who have a track record in private equity-backed situations. We have a real passion and knowledge for the sector, and appreciate the galvanising effect that private equity ownership can have on a business.