The role will be Responsible to the Head of Finance Military Aerospace for all tier 2 Business Unit (BU) reporting whilst providing support to the Head of Central Finance for compliance with all Tier 1 Marshall ADG (MADG) financial reporting related to Military Aerospace.
The ideal candidate will have significant post qualification experience, preferably in long term contract accounting and reporting, along with the ability, enthusiasm and proven leadership skills to drive the need to improve processes, accounting skills and knowledge within both this team, the function and the wider business.
- Provide governance and compliance oversight to specific projects as directed by the Head of Finance;
- Ensure the Military Aerospace finance team deliver the required monthly reporting, budgets and reforecast as per the annual financial calendar;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive financial control environment for BU financial management and reporting, including effective control of all aspects of WIP;
- Ensure all Tier 1 support is provided to the Head of Central Finance as required;
- Ensure all finance team members have a clear development plan to support their annual PDR, that meets the needs of both the individual and the BU;
- Develop a continuous improvement plan related to all BU financial management and reporting;
- Awareness and active management of foreign exchange risk.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified chartered (or equivalent) accountant, and have proven experience in the following areas:
- Strong technical ability and post qualification experience, preferably with proven experience in the area of long term contract accounting;
- Desire to drive continuous improvement into existing processes;
- Analysing and presenting complex problems in the absence of perfect information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clear and concise thought processes and the ability to lead others to a conclusion;
- Preparation of high quality financial analysis and reports for key internal stakeholders;
- Self-motivation and proactive approach to work, as this role requires a high degree of autonomy and independent thought to identify and creatively solve problems;
- Working and engaging with non-finance personnel at all levels and managing differing interests;
- A thorough understanding of foreign exchange currency exposure management and risk mitigation; and
- Proven experience in leading a team and providing mentoring in specialist areas.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job