- This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-qualified interim Group Financial Controller to work within a listed Plc to help them through a finance transition period and support a new CFO. Our client is a fast paced, entrepreneurial media and entertainment business that is utilising raised capital to invest in new markets. Based in Central London the business has a turnover of £40m and has an exciting strategy. They are now searching for an interim Group Financial Controller to be responsible for the broad finance team while the new CFO decides on a suitable structure.
This is a high-profile position that will report into the CFO and manage three direct reports with a wider team of 10, including operational finance teams in London, New York and Singapore
The interim Group Financial Controller will be responsible for helping with the current year end and producing high quality and timely management information. It will be a hands-on role with exposure to the international markets
Responsibilities of the interim Group Financial Controller include:
- To direct and manage Group-wide external and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes, and implement and manage the Group's internal control policies and procedures
- Lead the planning and preparation of the year end and interim statutory financial statements to present to shareholders, investors and analysts
- Responsibility to produce the Group's management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and half-yearly basis and participate in the communication of monthly management information to the Group CEO and other members of Executive team
- Manage the Group's annual budget, re-forecasting process and 3-year plan including the forecasting of financing needs in alignment with investor expectations
- Manage the working capital and treasury processes of the Group and its operations to ensure that working capital metrics are achieved and that the Group has the appropriate level of cash and working capital
- Support and lead any M&A with due diligence, financing and integration
The successful interim Group Financial Controller will be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) accountant with experience of managing a year-end within a mid-sized public company. They should be comfortable in a complex, fast paced, constantly changing environment and have excellent people management and development skills.