I am working with a global consultancy that are growing their Finance Consulting Teams.
They advise leading FS providers on a wide variety of Finance Transformation programmes including performance management, shared services, outsourcing, process redesign and systems transformation. In particular, their clients are looking for ways to meet the current regulatory and reporting challenges.
The team includes both broad FS practitioners and specialists in Insurance, Banking or Asset management and candidates from all these areas are required. In response to continued growth they are currently recruiting Managers with Finance Transformation experience within Financial Services.
Joining their team as a Manager you will be expected to have experience of large change projects, preferably within a major blue chip or consulting environment.
You will have been supporting decision making at a mid-senior level and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges. Significant FS sector experience is essential.
Experienced Managers who have the following technical skills and experience
Skills & Experience :
- Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience
- Financial services experience specifically Insurance or Banking
- A delivery track record of leading workstreams within complex Finance transformation projects,
- A consulting/professional services track record
- An understanding of standard Finance systems such as EPM and ERP
- Experience of leading and developing teams
- Degree level with additional qualifications such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA;
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of the impact of regulations on finance in FS. Candidates would ideally have exposure to one or more of: IFRS 17, IFRS 9, Solvency II, Basel III, SOx, GDPR
- Data architecture, data management, chart of accounts design
- Systems architecture for finance systems
- Exposure to Robotics process automation and other disruptive technologies
- A formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience of a Lean approach to process / cost optimisation;
- Previous experience in a management or a senior role gained from within a finance department
- Solvency II
- Basel III
- IFRS 9
- IFRS 17