A well known international law firm is looking for a finance compliance officer to support the Revenue Manager in the delivery of the law firms governance compliance. This is a varied and challenging role which may over time be developed to increase scope and responsibility.
- Produce a monthly report by matter partner in respect of hard disbursements written off and circulate to the Revenue Manager and Group Revenue controllers.
- Perform a monthly audit to ensure the correct authority has been obtained, in accordance with the firm's procedures, in relation to bill write downs (additional discount policy) and the raising of a credit note for a previously rendered bill.
- Where bills are rendered to clients in the EU using the B2B option to check that the necessary documentation is attached to the client in Milton and an appropriate note added to the client header in Aderant.
- Check the letter of engagement where matters are flagged as contingent to confirm that to be correct.
- Review the quarterly VAT return queries that are highlighted by the Finance, Treasury and Compliance Team. Take the appropriate action as necessary.
- Identify, and report upon as necessary, cross-jurisdictional matters to ensure they are being opened in accordance with the firm's protocol.
- Regular follow up with Fee Earners and PA's of clients and matters opened in Milton where the financial fields are incorrect.
- Review the client and matter opening arrangements in Milton including enhancing these to ensure complete compliance by improved monitoring and reporting.
- Advanced Excel
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills