Alexander Mann Solutions are the world's leading provider of talent acquisition and management services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more.
On behalf of our client, a globally respected manufacturing organisation in the aerospace sector,
AMS are looking for a number Finance Coach / Finance Business Partner on a 12 month contract over the UK.
As a Finance coach your responsibility will be to coach and mentor key personnel in how to develop and implement appropriate financial business planning, reporting and decision making best practices. You will be working alongside beneficiary employees in order to develop their skills to ensure the selected companies' financial management and associated processes are capable of supporting a company on a growth curve.
Through your hard work, you will be driving and accelerating best practice within aerospace manufacturing; offering the opportunity to develop highly valued manufacturing in the UK. You will benefit from working in a multi-disciplined team deploying best practice tools while taking the learning to further develop them.
Working as a Finance Coach, you will be responsible for working alongside the beneficiaries to coach and mentor them, ensuring your knowledge and skills are transferred to embed sustainable change in the following areas:
- Coaching of best practice in appropriate financial models and supporting processes used to support the business planning process.
- Support the beneficiaries to improve their decision making processes to include investment appraisals and post decision making reviews.
- Assist the beneficiaries to improve their performance management mechanisms to measure and predict performance. This should include an appropriate framework for reporting performance and driving actions, with relevant KPIs, quality variance analysis and action planning.
- Coaching the finance function to improve integration with the rest of the organisation to become an integral part of the decision making process.
- Assist the finance function in establishing the links between improvements in operational performance and the key financial measures for a business.
- Coaching other functions to understand the integral part they play in the management of costs, working capital and business planning.
- Assist the beneficiary in implementing processes to support risk management, to include scenario analysis on financial forecasts.
- Support the beneficiaries to implement proactive cost reduction activities and associated tracking and valuation processes.
- Support the beneficiary to align financial KPIs to their business plan deployment process and cascade targets throughout the organisation.
- Support and advise on financial control activities e.g. Activity Based Costing, Value stream accounting and budget control.
- Liaising with external training providers as appropriate.
The successful individual will enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you'll be empowered to make the recommendations and offer support/development to the beneficiaries with which you are working. You should be comfortable managing ambiguity, flexible in your approach, enjoy a work programme that offers a variety of clients and have the ability to self-initiate and be able to influence at all levels in organisations.
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven capability to coach and mentor people in financial best practices
- Previous experience of training people in financial best practices
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller/ Senior Finance Business Partner or other relevant role ideally within the manufacturing industry.
- Finance Qualification or relevant experience.
- Strong manufacturing knowledge.
- Good IT skills, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills are important, particularly within senior leaders.
As this role involves travel all candidates must be willing and happy to work across the breadth of the UK.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery in some of its services be deemed to operate to act as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
- Finance Coach / Finance Business Partner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job