The following job is no longer available:
Reporting to: Finance Manager
The overall purpose of this role is to accurately and efficiently process and report on all financial transactions; to maintain accurate records and ensure compliance with financial regulations; and to undertake designated projects for the development of effective and efficient financial processes across the organisation.
1. Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
This role requires the holder to have/be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge, understanding and prior experience of accounts processes
• Accuracy, attention to detail, confidentiality, good numeracy and analytical skills
• A good understanding of MS Excel and Windows based accounting software
• Confidence and inter-personal skills to communicate effectively with budget holders, colleagues, suppliers and customers.
To be successful the role holder will require knowledge and understanding of business activities, suppliers, customers, BG financial regulations, accounting procedures/systems, budgets/cost centres and VAT rates.
In addition the role holder will require an understanding of current company-wide projects in order to proactively support the development of associated financial systems, processes and reporting.
To be effective the role holder will be required to share/transfer knowledge, present information and work collaboratively with colleagues and budget holders; and demonstrate a sense of teamwork and responsibility towards colleagues and the achievement of department and organisation-wide targets/objectives.
This role requires the holder to communicate and build effective relationships
In the main communication is by telephone and email, with attendance at meetings as required.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
1. Maintain the Purchase and Sales Ledgers (as designated).
• Matching authorised purchase orders to supplier invoices
• Posting expenditure against relevant cost to business and cost centre
• Recording purchases against relevant supplier for BACs and cheque payment
• Processing internal requests for invoices, receipts, credit notes etc; recoding sales invoices, as appropriate
• Recording, posting and banking cheques and payments received and processing income streams e.g. credit card and on-line payments
• Issuing statements
• Making credit control calls for debts over 30 days
• Handling calls/queries from suppliers and customers
• Handling internal queries in relation to transactions and systems/processes
• Checking adherence to financial regulations and accounting procedures.
2. Maintain Bank and Control reconciliation for designated accounts.
• Maintaining key accounting processes and controls e.g. recording journal entries, ensuring the accuracy of information through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts, reconciling general ledger accounts, income statements etc.
• Reconciling control accounts e.g. advance income, advance expenditure, deferred income etc.
• Checking purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank reconciliation transactions/anomalies.
3. Support the continuous improvement of integrated, efficient financial processes and reports.
• Proactively planning monthly timetable of work with designated budget holders for high risk or developing business areas
• Proactively contributing to process improvement for the department; streamlining existing and recommending new processes for improved financial reporting and analysis e.g. eBIS fixes and routing
• Working with colleagues from across the business, representing the finance department on designated cross functional projects
• Communicating, training and supporting colleagues and system users in relation to system and process developments.
Located in Newport Shropshire this position is commutable from Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton and surrounding.
To apply for this exciting position please call Chloe Meads on or apply on line. If you have not received feedback in 14 days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Ethero staffing provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to local businesses. With the simple ethos of local people for local jobs we aim to ensure that we support the local employment market whenever possible with targeted local advertising strategies and maximised local networking operations. Ethero Staffing's standard service provision ranks amongst the most competitive in the UK market place:- - Highly competitive charge rates - if we can save you money we will. - Industry leading service guarantees to underline our belief in our ability - Forward provisions for contingency planning for clients using high volumes of staff - Candidate assessments specifically designed for a client or even a single job - Repeat customer discounts and long term contract cost reductions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"