Becoming a Finance Business Partner with Capita Education Software Services
An excellent opportunity exists for a Finance Business Partner to work within our Software Division. The role will have exposure to a diverse range of non-finance stakeholders including Sales and Marketing senior managers/directors
Main Aims of the role will include;
- Provide Decision support to the business, including pricing, bids and tenders
- Develop and implement Business Intelligence and reporting
- Ensure that Control & Governance are implemented and adhered to
- Act as a bridge between the core Finance team and the business to support finance colleagues in achieving their own objectives relating to month end close, consolidation and reporting.
- Ensure all business risks are identified
- Support month end, forecasting and business planning processes
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the underlying business and its key drivers, including the activities of the various cost centres within SIMS
- Assist in the financial modelling of commission and bonus plans for sales colleagues
- Provide KPIs / Dashboards that provide insight into the sales/profit performance
- Give visibility on emerging issues
- Ascertain where business risk lies and take appropriate steps to mitigate this risk, alongside management
- Ensure correct forecasting on a monthly basis across all SIMS programme cost centres
- Modelling of programme outcomes
- Produce information for month end reviews
- Financial modelling to support bids and tenders
- Ensure Group policies for Commercial transactions are followed e.g. Black Hats, Authorisation levels, Debtor policies, Contract terms etc
- Support management to ensure robust internal controls operate across the SIMS business
- Provide P&L advice and support for the SIMS Business as a whole
- Advise and support development of the Business Plan
- Liaise with staff where complex contract or commercial matters require advice, supporting in the explanation, negotiation and resolution of contract matters
- Management and motivation of 1 team member
Your experience will include:
- Experience in business partnering or similar role
- Qualified or Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Commercially orientated
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Willingness to submerge themselves within the business
- Good team player
- Proactive and owns problems as they arise
- Self-motivating and goal focussed
- High accuracy in work and attention to detail
- Proven written and oral communication skills
About Capita Education Software Services
Capita Education Software Services creates software that helps education institutions meet their commitment to make sure that every student has the best possible opportunity to succeed. We work with 22,000 schools, 220 further education colleges and universities in 46 countries, providing instant access to information on emerging trends and highlighting areas of excellence and underperformance. Joining us, you'll improve decision making, simplify communication with staff, parents and students and raise standards in teaching and learning.
Capita Education Software Services are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary we also offer a company matched pension scheme, private healthcare and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'