As a Finance Business Partner, the key objective is to support the Directors and leadership teams to build and manage the functional plan and forecasts, prepare detailed tracks to assist in the understanding of variances, and to ensure all costs and recharges are understood and controlled.
This role involves significant interaction with the functional leadership teams, the accounting and network team in the shared services centre across the region. The jobholder is responsible for both the provision of timely and accurate information, and the maintenance of good working relationships with senior employees and budget holders.
- Review the month-end functional financial close against current forecast.
- Track progress against plan/forecast at small scale and country level and proactively propose actions to help ensure achievement of planned performance.
- Full ownership of the functional planning/forecasting and reporting process.
- Track centralised costs through to in country benefits and provide guidance to the business during the decision making process around spend allocation.
- Responsible for functional overhead reporting
- Assist Project Managers & Director of Centre and Project Accounting with PAR process, providing guidance on capitalisation, and ensuring all costs, risks & opportunities are considered
- Support appropriate governance of projects - PO approval/ reporting data required for Groups (and selected attendance thereof) / identifying & communicating risks & opportunities on a timely basis within the functions & Finance to achieve a 'no surprises’ culture
- Review month-end project costs against PAR & latest forecast
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly project forecast process, reviewing & tracking progress against PAR and proactively proposing actions to help ensure projects are delivered on time, and within budget
- Work with Finance teams in HQ and across EMEA to ensure consistent, reliable recognition of all project related expenditure & improve quality of capex reporting (level of analysis and timeliness)
- Identify risks & opportunities within the business to achieve a 'no surprises’ culture.
- Understand drivers behind key metrics and FTE movements.
- Support Head of EMEA HQ FP&A and Director of Centre & Projects as required for ad hoc project work.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent).
- Significant previous accounting and financial planning experience.
- Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference, with a track record of achievements.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, communication and influencing skills. Keen interest in a high-quality response to the function’s customers.
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with country finance teams
- Pro-active approach with confidence to review processes, and suggest and implement improvements
- Strong IT and systems knowledge with advanced Excel skills and significant experience of GL and planning systems.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job