Murray McIntosh are currently working with a science and technology business based in Oxford on the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner. In this role you will work alongside other Finance Business Partners in the business to contribute at both a strategic and operational level.
Working closely with budget holders and other finance staff throughout the business, you will continuously improve the analysis and reporting to facilitate informed and optimal decision making. Further responsibilities include:
- Develop a full understanding of your business unit to be able to effectively analyse and interpret the numbers and understand the implications of them
- Produce financial management reports to ensure senior leaders can manage financial risks in both the short-term and long-term decision-making process
- Contribute to the financial planning of the business, interpreting the vision, strategy and delivery plans of the business
- Provide direction and guidance to directors and all budget holders
- Responsible for compilation of all budgets, forecasts and internal financial management reporting
- Challenge and influence budget holders and senior management
To be considered for this position, you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent with a strong commercial acumen. You will also have an ability to influence both financial and non-financial people, being able to articulate finance concepts to non-finance staff. You will also have a thorough understanding of finance systems, preferably Cognos/Hyperion.
In return, this position is offering a basic salary between £45,000 to £50,000. Further benefits include bonus, generous annual leave, pension and on-site parking. Flexi-time and flexible working hours are also offered.