Excellent opportunity to work for a Financial Services business in their head office based in the City. This opportunity will focus on building relationships across the business at MD level, therefore need to have strong communication and influencing skills.
This position sits within the FP&A team and is responsible for establishing the businesses administrative expenditure budget. The stakeholders cover areas such as Risk, IT, Banking, Compliance, HR and others, all of these have a global remit. You will be a key interface and you will work with Directors, MDs and the Executive committee.
- Responsibility for client management for relevant departments with annual budget
- Delegated decision making on staffing related issues for relevant departments or development of proposals for the management decision
- Main working relationships with other Departments at intermediate or senior level - Human Resources, Controllers, Administrative Services and IT
- Review the input to Monthly Management Reports for the Senior Management and Quarterly Performance Reports for the Board of Directors
- Management of a direct report at Associate level and joint supervision of a shared resource at Analyst level
- Extensive contribution to development and coordination of the overall annual medium term budget framework and annual Budget proposals
- Proposing or assessing additional resource requirements for the new initiatives or investments in the Bank or respective department for prioritisation within the overall resource requirements envelope
- Active monitoring of business plan and budget execution of respective departments under client management responsibility, reviewing directly with departments as necessary
- Monitoring of staffing costs against agreed cost envelopes and tracking of agreements.
- Involved in training of budget holders and Budget Officers within the relevant client management group
- Extensive practical experience in budget management issues
You must have gained finance business partnering experience to MD level within a larger multinational organisation. You will come from an accounting and finance background and be either a Qualified Accountant, CFA Qualified, have a relevant Masters or strong practical experience in Finance. You must have the ability to work under high degree of independence and have excellent stakeholder management and strong negotiation skills.
Overall this is a high profile and commercial role where you will need to manage expectations and commercially challenge as well as provide advice and support.