This is a high-profile business partner position within a leading legal client, and an ideal role for a high calibre ACA making a first move from practice.
My client are a leading UK law firm with a major office in Bristol city centre
Acting as a Finance Business Partner within the Finance function to support financial analysis requirements of a number of different, very senior stakeholders.
Providing timely, relevant and robust analysis and data to the Business.
- Advising and challenging, where appropriate, in order to add value in terms of the analysis and commentary produced.
- Understanding the key business drivers and trends that will drive performance in each area of the Business.
- Leading on advice and support for pricing decisions in particular on large and complex tenders and contractual agreements.
- Leading financial input for a variety of business cases including lateral hires and promotions.
Budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning:
Overseeing budgeting and forecasting in line with the Group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries.
- Managing the relationship and communication with key stakeholders throughout the budget process.
- Providing robust analysis and other finance support in relation to external transactions and similar activities.
Working with the Group Financial Reporting team to ensure the cluster reporting is timely, accurate and robust.
- Managing the monthly provision of key reports to the Business.
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business.
- Inputting into the Client Profitability process and analysis. Presentation of results to Department Heads and Partners.
- Communicating and translating complex financial / non-financial ideas to people outside the finance function.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA).
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering gained in a professional services environment within a large finance function would be an advantage, but is not crucial.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the business and challenge where appropriate .
- The ability to add value and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the firm.
- Strong and confident communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to interact with senior members of the business.
- Strong finance and analytical skills, including experience of providing monthly management accounts and value adding commentary.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting discussions with senior business managers.
- Ability to convey complex financial and accounting concepts in a clear and straight forward manner.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
This role will pay a good basic salary, plus benefits.
Please contact Jack Watters for more information
- finance analyst
- business partner