Highly commercial business partner role within a market-leading FMCG group, involving managing very senior stakeholders to influence crucial decisions.
My client are an FMCG organisation and dominant market force within their field. A UK wide group who have experienced high levels of acquisition activity over the last 24 months, they have recently restructured and as such are looking to recruit this new role into their largest business unit here in Bristol.
Main Purpose of role:
To partner Managing Directors-Regions and their sales management teams in all aspects of commercial analysis; by pro-actively assessing the existing account base and forming recommendations to continuously improve margins and efficiencies. Challenge stakeholders on commercial decisions as appropriate.
- Act as Business partner to provide financial support to the Regional and National Sales Management teams
- Production and analysis monthly KPI reports to identify anomalies and issues and to formulate recommendations to improve profitability
- Production of customer profitability models (deal evaluators) to product level including effects of retrospective discounts payable and marketing expenditure, plus associated scenario analyses for new and existing customers
- Provide decision support and analytical rigour for Customers, with particular emphasis on business performance management.
- Attendance at monthly management exec meetings. Involves formal presentations and the interpretation and explanation of detailed information to Financial and Non-Financial staff.
- Work with other areas of the business to ensure all commercial elements of a deal are co-ordinated e.g. Legal, Credit Control etc
- Accountable for the accurate and timely production of annual sales budgets and forecasts
- Interrogation of low margin products, trend analysis, gap analysis & account churn
- Cross functional project work
- Provide support to the Commercial Finance Manager as required
- Graduate calibre
- Post Qualified accountant minimum 2 years industry experience
- At least 1 year previous analyst experience, dealing with all levels of an organisation
- Business partnering - uses knowledge to contribute to the decision making process
- Business Analysis - able to identify business issues
- Modelling - Able to model and manipulate data to provide information to business
- Leadership - Able to lead cross functional teams to achieve common objectives
- Influencing - explains the benefits to others of actions etc from their point of view and persuades them to a specific course of action.
- Networking - uses interpersonal skills to build credible relationships
This role will pay a highly competitive basic salary, plus benefits.
- business partner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job