FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER/MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT/FINANCE MANAGER/QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Major Arts & Technical Design Organisation ranked #1 in the World in its' field
They are now looking for a Qualified Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant to join their team as they embark on an exciting programme of change. Supporting a highly commercial Research based Business Unit
- To maintain up to date knowledge of the research, knowledge exchange and executive education landscape ensuring an up to date knowledge of changes of policy and procedure on the part of major funding bodies and assist in the assessment of their implications.
- To support with budget monitoring, reconciliation of research project income and expenditure and identify any significant variances.
- To assist with financial planning for future research projects and provide guidance on awards and claims for accurate and timely invoicing of knowledge exchange and executive education work
- To account for studentships and tuition fees funded by research awards ensuring that sufficient funds and project duration are available.
- To continually assess processes and procedures around research grants to ensure they are fit for purpose, taking a proactive role in suggesting and helping implementing improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures.
- To work within the project team for the implementation of a new Research Information System and ensure data will be accurately managed between it and the finance system (Agresso - Business World on).
- To assist and advise on the production of accurate and timely Programme/Department budgets, forecasts and monthly management accounts, providing critical review and interpretation of results, value-add analysis, explanation of variances and early identification of potential issues / opportunities and, where necessary, work with Departments to identify remedial actions.
Knowledge and experience
- Qualified in one of the following professional accountancy bodies (CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA).
- Experience of project accounting (preferably within a Higher Education institution/Full Economic Costing environment) and financial planning
- Experience of working and providing financial support to a Research Team
- Experience of production of management accounts
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of this exciting period of expansion
Great bens, 35 hour working week, pension
- Financial Modeling
- Project Accounting
- Higher Education Research
- Qualified Accountant
- Business Partner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job