Our client, a renowned property business in Central London is looking for a Finance Business Partner for one of their most pivotal business units.
You will be a business partner to the Central London team, providing financial support and advice, and acting as a focal point for specific joint venture reporting.
This role sits within the finance team structure and reports to the Central London Portfolio Commercial Finance Manager.
- Effective support to the Commercial Finance Manager in business partnering with the Central London portfolio, fostering strong relationships with internal teams, joint venture partners and our managing agents.
- Accurate, insightful and timely portfolio financial reporting and analysis.
- Finance team lead for specific joint venture arrangements.
- Ensuring financial information for the portfolio is reported accurately and in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Leading on specific joint venture accounting, reporting & cash management, including arranging funding drawdowns and profit distributions.
- Preparation of management accounts, providing insightful analysis on financial performance.
- Development of quarterly forecasts and annual budget, in collaboration with asset management colleagues and our managing agents.
- Supporting the business in ensuring effective financial management of service charges.
- Provision of accounting support for business transactions, including counterparty due diligence.
- Close collaboration with the business teams at all levels to ensure full understanding of performance drivers and projects.
- Contributing to the motivation, coaching and development of junior staff.
- Supporting continuous improvement in efficiencies, process and internal financial control.
- Undertaking ad hoc tasks and projects as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and experience essential to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Qualified professional accountant with significant business partnering experience.
- Experience of complex reporting and accounting arrangements.
- Knowledgeable user of integrated finance systems with a good understanding of internal financial controls.
- Strong IT skills, including high proficiency with Excel.
You will need to be a qualified accountant with significant business partnering experience, strong commercial awareness, with experience of adding value to business decision making. Able to identify issues and develop solutions under own initiative, with a willingness to provide constructive challenge where appropriate. Able to organise and prioritise conflicting demands and plan ahead to ensure delivery against targets.
You must be a clear communicator, with an ability to present information and ideas logically and succinctly, both orally and in writing.