Our One Insurance Solution office is located in our fantastic new offices located in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh and is home to our Commercial and Motor insurance teams; providing cover for a wide portfolio of products such as (but not limited to) public liability, professional indemnity, commercial combined, property and motor.
Finance Business Partner
This role will partner the business operations of the Group to support the delivery of Brightside’s strategic & operational objectives.
The Finance Business Partner is the primary finance interface with the business and will support the leadership team to implement Brightside corporate strategies & business plans. The role is fundamental to promoting a better understanding of financial issues within the designated business unit and across Brightside.
Role-holders will be required to demonstrate strong influencing & financial modelling skills and will be required to work collaboratively with the business unit, which might require working through barriers (real or perceived) to achieve results.
- Ensure the business unit has a current & relevant (financial) business plan in place and is reviewed and monitored on ongoing basis.
- Regular liaison with operational teams to understand their business in order to provide insight and analysis on the monthly results and analyse the impact of future developments including product changes and new income streams.
- Provide commercial support and analysis for projects including new business ventures, scenario planning and introducing operational efficiencies.
- Drive improved business performance in designated business unit by supporting and influencing operational decisions through financial insight and identifying cost efficiencies and best practice as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of monthly information to the business unit and central finance providing support where appropriate.
- Be competent in investigating and providing workable solutions to technical accounting issues identified.
- Ensure that financial operations are conducted within a CASS 5 compliant framework and contribute as required to the regulatory reporting carried out by the Group.
- Manage direct reports to ensure objectives are consistently delivered and carry out Performance Appraisals setting clear performance objectives and formally identifying training and development needs.
Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Professional qualification
- Insurance or financial services experience
- 'Can do’ attitude to ensure the delivery of tasks to agreed timetable
- Trusted and respected
- Strong excel reporting skills to be able to represent information in an informative way
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability and commitment to work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with, and influence, a range of stakeholders. Comfortable challenging senior stakeholders where required
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to persuade and influence senior stakeholders in a respectful and effective manner
- Understanding of CASS 5 requirements
- Track record of delivery in Management accounting or Finance Business Partner role
- Experience of operating at senior management level
- Health Cash Plan from Healthshield.
- Take your Birthday off! Here at Brightside we give you your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Minimum 22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £500 for recommending a friend.
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards.
- We could save you up to £900 on your Childcare costs through our Kiddivouchers scheme.
- A variety of Staff Discounts covering: Gym memberships, Restaurants, Beauty salons, Spas, Car garages, Golf memberships, Wedding accessories and much much more!!
Our brand new spacious brokerage is located at Gateway House in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh.
- Financial Operations
- Financial Performance
- Management Accounting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job