A new role has been created to support the Finance team, CEO and Board of Directors within this large, independently owned, diverse Group company. An ideal opportunity for a commercially minded and inquisitive qualified accountant, someone who enjoys drilling deeper into the wider business areas, identifying the key drivers within individual business units, ultimately focusing on future growth and increased profits. Someone with strong technical accounting ability who enjoys the variety of Management and financial reporting, analysis and business partnering.
This is an all-encompassing and exciting finance opportunity, working for a highly successful and well regarded Cumbrian based company, offering masses of potential for future growth and development.
- Working closely with the Finance Director, senior management teams and unit managers to develop and improve accurate and timely financial reporting
- Business partnering with key budget holders, challenging figures and processes in order to identify areas for improvement, working together to achieve best possible results.
- Drive improved performance across the business units
- Identifying KPI’s, trends, opportunities and risks through detailed analysis
- Monthly and year end accounts close for two limited companies within the group
- Preparation of Budgets and financial forecasts
- Assist with the management of tax compliance across the business
- Monthly Cashflow reporting
- CRC Reporting
- Potential project: Identification and implementation of new financial accounting software.
- Alongside the Senior finance team ensure the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or approaching completion.
Experience and technical skills
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards and principles
- Provide commercial input and challenging the relevant management teams, suggesting improvements were necessary
- Analyse and interrogate data
- Ability to create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to improve reporting whilst always ensuring compliance with regulations and legislation
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel and financial software
- Excellent numerical skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to focus on the bottom line, understanding the impact of all actions on the business
- To demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- To have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- The ability to communicate well and develop an excellent working relationship with both finance and non-finance personnel at all levels across the business.
- Focus on continuous improvement both personally and across the business.
- Be curious, want the facts, practical problem solver
- Strong commercial acumen and desire to drill deep into the wider business
Salary and benefits
A good remuneration package is on offer including an 5% employer contributory pension, Discretionary bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, professional membership subscription fees, as well as encouraging any relevant training courses.
Working a 38.25 hour per week (Monday to Friday). Onsite parking.
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Systems
- Year End Accounts
- Commercially minded
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job