This role is integral to the re-invigorated Finance Team providing real-time and meaningful analysis to support the divisional teams in the tactical and strategic execution of the business.
The individual will leverage a strong technical background and previous Finance Business Partnering and/or Management Accounting experience to support the divisions in understanding the true profitability of contracts, identifying areas of under-performance and the cash cycles of the various projects.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, allowing the successful candidate to make an immediate impact in a growing and exciting business.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Producing timely and accurate Reporting Packs for the Executive Management, Board and External Advisors. Including profit & loss account, KPIs balance sheet and cash flow
- Develop insightful management reporting & analysis to support Senior Management’s decision making processes.
- Stewardship of FP&A actual, budget and forecast databases
- Assisting with adhoc FP&A duties that may arise
- Continuous development and improvement of financial analysis tools to assist decision-making.
BUSINESS PARTNERING - OVERHEADS
- Business partner to Overhead Budget Holders
- Stewardship of overheads, reviewing monthly departmental spends and headcount, tracking and reporting against savings targets
- Liaising with the department heads to discuss historical and future expenditure
- Supporting the divisional heads with reliable and timely information and analysis to support key decisions.
- Support the division in developing robust budgets and forecasts.
- Supporting the FP&A Director of Finance and Senior Finance Business Partners with analytical work and business cases/tenders/bids strategic projects
- Work closely with wider Finance department in order to ensure accurate reporting and data integrity.
- Respond to ad hoc financially related queries for one off requests and analysis from the business.
- Part-qualified or newly qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or qualified by experience.
- Strong IT skills - Advanced Excel skills preferable.
- Strong economic modelling skills
- Ability to take sole ownership with minimal supervision.
- Organised with strong focus on detail but with an ability to identify priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with people of all levels of seniority and achieve continuous improvements in process and efficiency.
- Deadline focused and results orientated.
- The ability to pay attention to detail while maintaining a sense of the bigger picture.
Flexible attitude to get involved in further, and ad hoc, activities in a fast-growing business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job