My client an entrepreneurial, growing financial services organisation is actively seeking an experienced Finance Business Partner to be responsible for the financial aspects of the commercial assumptions underpinning the forward flow business, and beyond for the Core business, ensuring business performance is understood, explained and influenced in an integrated manner
Key components of the role include
- Business Partner to the Head of Product and Head of Partnerships, helping to shape and optimise the new account plan.
- Ultimately own the financial aspects of the commercial behavioural assumptions to inform product pricing and NPV tracking actuals vs assumptions,
- Drive continuous improvement from the newly implemented SAS infrastructure
- Conduct post implementation pricing reviews, identifying and investigating any material variances to original assumptions
- Own the stacking P&L’s and related processes into the Consolidation for LV’s, ICAAP’s, financial stresses, Strategic Plan etc
- Understand competitor products and strategies where possible and communicate the commercial impacts on our portfolio
- Provide commercial expertise on the trends associated with the income levers to enable us to maximise opportunities
- Constantly review and challenge the fundamentals of the Card business model
- Support the Plan, Stress cases and ICAAP views for the Cards business in conjunction with Cards Consolidation team
- Direct the production of analysis to show opportunities for performance improvement
- Put clear guardrails in place to keep commercial constructs of pricing etc within the financial parameters
- Develop and share a deep understanding of what drives product performance at a portfolio and segment level
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 3 analysts;
- Support the external audit process as necessary, typically around the models and NPV curves.
Demonstrating strong competencies in financial management, commercial analysis and strategic change.
Specific skills and experience should also include:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, with a minimum 5 years of leadership experience supervising junior staff operating multiple complex activities;
- Strong education background including accounting qualification and good honours degree;
- Good knowledge of the end-to-end economics and profitability of the credit card product;
- Works well with business partners and builds relationships to obtain engagement and support in delivery of operational plans;
- Good understanding of the credit card market including competitor activity and regulatory issues, with an ability to quickly process and act upon new information;
- Exhibits commercial acumen and a highly professional approach;
- Demonstrates integrity and a positive attitude at all times, strives for excellence in your work, and is able to lead others to new levels of effectiveness;
- Is hands-on, action-oriented and has a flexible approach to getting things done.