- Lead business finance support for RBWM Retail Proposition in the UK in accordance with the common global operating framework and delivering strategic financial business support while maintaining a strong controllership environment.
- Utilise globally consistent management information and reporting framework, providing key financial and non-financial information to business to support achievement of RBWM Retail strategy
- Support central investor relations work to ensure RBWM UK Retail proposition is appropriately represented externally.
- Support region business strategic revenue activities ensuring UK income and risk adjusted income targets are achieved and appropriate level of rigour is applied to achieve revenue growth initiatives.
- Identify UK trends, opportunities and threats leading to options for business action. Ensure that stakeholders fully understand the inherent risks and rewards, including the regulatory and tax implications, and assist in finding compliant solutions to support business growth.
- Enhance overall RBWM UK business controllership through effective financial planning, P&L monitoring and support of judgmental / subjective estimates impacting RBWM provisions (PPI, customer redress, reserves, etc.)
- Provide oversight of internal process / procedure with financial implications e.g. transfer pricing, behaviouralisation, liquidity premium, IT / Ops unit costing, attributable and allocated costs, referral mechanisms.
- Retail proposition business partner responsible for coordinating across country and brand Business Finance teams ensuring appropriate analysis of Retail proposition performance is highlighted for Business Performance Reviews, Deep-dives etc.
- Maintains Level 1 and Level 2 KPI for Retail proposition products including the segmentation of said KPI into Premier, Advance and Personal Banking
- Work across Business Finance teams in support of defining and measuring the earn out of Retail Proposition contributions to the Premier re-launch and Advance business cases
- Providing insight as to business performance and competitiveness versus competition of retail propositions
- Support pricing, customer proposition and product profitability analysis including maintenance and governance of Sherwood model toolset
- Coordinate UK Business Finance support for the Retail elements of the Customer Activity plan and forecasting process, coordinating across country and brand business finance teams
- Provide ad hoc analysis and decision support including pricing and product development, strategic and structural reviews across the UK
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across UK, Europe and Global leadership teams Building, managing and leading a high performing RBWM Business Finance team
- Continuously improve internal management reporting, overall MI and ad hoc papers for UK RBWM CEO, Business Strategy Team and UK Head CVM
- Play a strategic role in evaluating financial success of core strategies and key investments.
- Drive elimination of non-standard MI
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- The individual would be expected to have a varied finance career to date across multiple finance disciplines (i.e. Financial Accounting & Control; Business Information & Analysis; Financial & Regulatory Reporting; Capital Management & Taxation; legal entity CFO; Accounting Policy; Change Management)
- The individual will have a formally recognised finance qualification.
In particular, the individual should possess:
- Exceptional drive and commitment
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment
- Commercially minded; customer focused
- Outstanding leadership skills, demonstrating ability to use initiative and effect change through people in a large matrix organisation.
- Considered as a role model, driving performance by living the values.
- Ability to highlight problems but more importantly offer solutions, and drive through their execution in a collective environment
- Strong management information background, both in terms of required content, production processes and understanding what drives the numbers reported
- Solid controls background (internal & external audit experience is ideal)
- Strategic thinker and pragmatic implementer able to develop efficient methods of bringing about change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.