Finance Business Partner HE
Your new role
Here at Highways England are motto is 'home safe and well' which we feel embraces both our company objectives, culture and values.
Join us a Finance Business Partner for our Complex Infrastructure Programme and become part of an organisation that lives and breaths this motto. As an experienced finance professional this role will enable you to provide support and guidance to our senior leadership and give you the opportunity to make a real difference to the way our business spends its resources. It will give you the opportunity to work on our high profile flagship schemes which together account for £10 billion of capital spend. These projects include A303 Stonehenge tunnel and a new road and tunnel across the Thames, the Lower Thames Crossing.
You will provide financial support, insight, challenge working with the leadership team of the Complex Infrastructure Programme. You will be responsible for the maintenance of strong financial control and governance, and play a critical role in performance management, capital and resource planning, investment decisions and financial reporting.
What you'll be leading on
- Providing specialist and trusted support, challenge and advice on all financial matters to the Complex Infrastructure Programme leadership team. Contribute and provide financial support to the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, to drive the long-term performance and delivery of the investment strategy.
- Ensuring financial results are clearly communicated, budgets and forecasted outcomes are reviewed and presented accurately and key issues in business performance are identified and communicated, and that options are identified and plans put in place to address deviations from budget in a clear and timely manner.
- Taking responsibility for the integrity of financial controls and information, including oversight of relevant journals and reconciliations, as well as checking and challenging submissions, ensuring the production and dissemination of accurate and timely financial data.
- Facilitating the adoption of new business and finance processes and lead their roll-out.
- Supporting the development of robust business cases, through proactive engagement with Project Directors, Project Teams and Subject Matter Advisers to ensure that the case is acceptable for submission to the relevant Board and the Chief Finance Officer is briefed.
- Coordinating responsibilities with other teams with financial/performance responsibilities (internal and external) to ensure that all processes are carried out in the appropriate team to avoid duplications and improve processes and outputs.
To be successful you will
- Be a Qualified accountant with previous finance, governance and commercial experience.
- Have experience of managing a business planning process across complex projects, being able to communicate the project/programme objectives to all those with responsibility for developing budgets, and taking responsibility for ensuring budget outputs align with company, directorate and regional targets.
- Be able to build relationship with stakeholders and suppliers and understand the importance of collaborative relationships.
- Have the ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- Have the ability to align forecasting to an operational model, business outcomes and strategic focus, understanding of which costs are most material and volatile.
A bit about us
We are a publicly funded, government owned company that plans, designs, builds, operates and maintains England's motorways and major A-roads.
As well as managing one of the most advanced road networks in the world, we provide information and assistance for the millions of people who use our roads.
Highways England's Complex Infrastructure Programme has a value of £10 billion and consists of four mega-projects: A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, Lower Thames Crossing, A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down (Stonehenge) and the A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet.
The programme was established to bring Highways England's most challenging and complex schemes under a single leadership team, to grow our capability to manage and deliver such mega projects, find new ways of working and to drive efficiencies.
Want to know more?
Please click here for the full role profile
Please click here for a video about our directorate.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'