Finance Business Partner (3 days per week)
Salary: £50,000 pro rata
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm
About the Company
A specialist company with 25 history of success offering managed services, IT consultancy, cloud, security and software development delivering a high standard of service to many different organisations.
The Finance Business Partner will provide accurate and timely financial information. Provide support to the Business Unit Director to assist with the effective running of the business unit. They are required to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Operational and Administrative staff within their unit. They will possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, have strong commercial awareness, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. They will indirectly report in to the Group Finance Director providing monthly reports and management accounts
The role will include the following:
- Make sure transactions are accurately recorded in a timely manner and in accordance with the group and accounting rules
- Justification of the Balance Sheet figures by performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor and report off-balance sheet commitments
- Be prepared to develop/apply the technical accounting knowledge obtained in their professional training to ensure the correct treatment of financial transactions
Payroll & Tax
- Provide support and assistance to the Payroll Administrator as and when required
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and associated monthly EC Sales and Intrastat submissions
- Utilise VAT knowledge to advise BU’s on VAT implications on certain transactions
- Prepare the Corporation Tax information to Tax Advisors for review and submission
- Compute Deferred tax workings for group and statutory workings
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Be actively involved with the annual budget preparation process
- Regular analysis of KPI’s such as invoice lag, debtors, variances and productive hours
- Analyse and explain overhead spend and variances to budget
- Provide analysis to forecast the performance of the business against budget in order to aid decision making
- Data mining and manipulation to help with the points mentioned above
- Assist the BU Director in obtaining market intelligence to facilitate strategy and budget formulation
Project Accounting and Monitoring
- Support the Project Managers in understanding their projects
- Coach/train Project Managers on the Project Accounting Systems so they can effectively monitor their projects
- In conjunction with their BU Director perform quarterly project reviews to ensure the project performance is properly and prudently assessed
Control and Reporting
- Support the BU Director to control overhead spend to be kept within budget
- Ensure all monthly and quarterly BU and Group reporting is done within the set timescales
- Manage the statutory year end audit by providing the necessary information
- Ensure the BU is in compliance with the groups Internal Control procedures which includes leading the internal control reporting for the BU
Administration & Other
- Completion of other non-financial reporting obligations of the BU such National Statistics information, Sustainable Development and HR reporting
- Act as a catalyst to drive forward initiatives to achieve business strategy
- Managing and deliver projects on an adhoc basis that deliver real improvements in the effective management of the BU
- Live the values of the group.
Who will suit this role?
- CIMA, Degree, AAT or equivalent accounting qualification
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are imperative for this role. The person will need to be a confident communicator, across all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to translate financial analysis in to clear strategic objectives
- An eye for detail, focused on quality and accuracy, within a in a face paced environment, without compromising deadlines.
- Strong financial skills applied in a project costing context
- Ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Good knowledge of basic accounting functions such as AP, AR, Timesheets
- Cash Management
- Strong IT skills in particular, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Oracle preferable
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of managing people
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Accounting, CIMA, AAT, Payroll, Tax, Analysis, Financial Planning, Oracle, Reporting, Finance, Variances, Excel
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'