Finance Business Analyst - HSBCJP00038672
Job title - Finance on the Cloud Business Analyst
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £440 PAYE or Umbrella £564
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months initially.
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Finance on the Cloud Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 6 months with the opportunity to be extended.This role is within the Finance on the Cloud Programme function within Derivative Operations and is located in Canary Wharf, London. Finance has mobilized the first phase of a five-year programme to transform the Finance operating model by leveraging cloud technology. Finance Cloud Transformation will rationalize operational processes, automate data, and report production, to deliver comprehensive data to our internal and external stakeholders for analysis and reporting. The programme will entail migration of core Finance data and processes to the cloud, with an initial phase to implement a standard global operating process for Finance actuals report production, followed closely by forecast data and report production.The Finance on the Cloud Analyst contributes to Global Finance, supporting change design and delivery. The role holder will support more experienced business analysts to undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis to elicit clear requirements from the business and translate these effectively throughout the project lifecycle. The Finance on the Cloud Analyst will work closely with other team members and may support interaction with stakeholders from Finance, HOST, Risk, and the business.
The Finance on the Cloud Business Analyst will:
- Apply some experience of approaches, tools, and techniques for gathering, clarifying, and managing business requirements.
- Support colleagues to define, develop and translate requirements at specific stages of the project lifecycle, developing an understanding of different types of requirements and how these translate into test conditions.
- Based on the requirements analysis & understanding, define the design options that will comply with FoTC design principles, contributing to building functionalities into Finance target architecture
- Execute functional testing of requirements - and support the users through the User Acceptance Testing phases
- Support implementation phases (e.g., dress rehearsals / parallel runs)
- Day to day running of requirement management systems, change control and document standards.
- Work in alignment with the Change Framework.
- Stakeholder management.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Experience working in Finance-related projects essential
- Proficient in interrogating databases via SQL queries, VBA skills
- Excellent requirements analysis, functional design & data analysis skills.
- Experience in Financial & Regulatory reporting is desirable
- Experience of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders including technology/ technical
- Experience of supporting the development of business-facing material
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills to all levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving and outcome-focused approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- The ability to work with a diverse and geographically dispersed business teams
- A highly motivated and pro-active self-starter with a positive attitude
- Flexible worker who demonstrates adaptability
- Keeping calm under pressure is a must
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across countries/regions/cultures is essential.
- Ability and willingness to get involved in the Analysis activities and documentation.
Impact on the Business/Function
- The role has been created to support Global Finance Change initiatives.
- Under the guidance of colleagues, the role holder will support design and development of effective solutions which take into account group strategy and the challenges or risks that the group faces.
- Under the guidance of colleagues, the role holder will undertake testing of solutions and processes implemented through the project life cycle.
- The role holder will collaborate with colleagues as part of a team.
- The role holder may engage with stakeholders across the bank, principally in Global Finance and HOST.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'