The successful candidate will be able to support the delivery of financial management services meeting the requirement set.
£13.00Ltd an hour (Umbrella Company)
1. To help achieve the cash flow of the authority, manage transfers and payments on a daily basis confirming all payments are handled in line with the policies and procedures.
2. To produce settlements of bank accounts, certifying all accounts are reconciled and signed off within set timescales
3. To post journals when requested by members of the finance team
4. To assist with year-end closure of accounts in accordance with all applicable guidance and deadlines, including liaison with other applicable Directorate colleagues and external auditors.
5. To assist with preparation of the revenue budget and capital programme, in agreement with appropriate guidance and deadlines.
6. To commence analysis of financial data utilising the Agresso system and Excel spreadsheets
7. To undertake additional reconciliations as and when mandatory, such as those connecting to expenditure and income items, Agresso feeder systems and cashbooks
8. To assist with completion of financial returns, statistical returns, performance indicators, and unit cost analyses required by Government Departments and other external bodies, in accordance with the relevant deadlines.
9. To liaise with Government Departments, external bodies, service providers, partner organisations, and other agencies, in order to provide, obtain or evaluate data and information as required.
10. To undertake special projects and any other duties that may be assigned commensurate with the responsibility of the post
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Experience of working in local government
- Understanding of monitoring arrangements for income and expenditure budgets and the provision of financial information and analysis
- Understanding of closure of accounts procedures
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to use Word, e-mail and the Internet
- Knowledge of the Agresso financial information system
The Benefits of Service Care Solutions:
* Four weekly payroll runs
* £250 training allowance
* Excellent pay rates
* Exceptional referral bonuses
* Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
* Ltd and PAYE payment options available
* DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
If you are interested, please contact Andrew Wiles at Service Care Solutions on and email a most up to date copy of your CV to .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job