Award winning company in Dorking require a Finance Assistant to join their Credit Control team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deal with financial queries on bookings and gift lists
- Initial point of contact for stores via email/phone for all finance queries related to bookings
- Assisting retail staff with failed customer credit card payments to ensure processes
- Allocation of customer and agent payments to bookings made directly to company bank account
- Process daily customer refunds and ex-gratia customer service refunds
- Assist with allocation and refund of gift list funds and requests from the gift list team
- Produce weekly agent statements and ensure payments/refunds are made and allocated
- Maintain finance mailboxes to ensure internal and external stakeholders receive a high standard of service
- Chasing of cash and debt collection from both direct clients and agents
- Raising and chasing of cash for sundry invoices unrelated to bookings
- Allocate miscellaneous banking through regular journals
- Reconcile Foreign Currency bank accounts and other miscellaneous ledgers
- Assist the accurate reporting of the sales ledger by taking action on bookings as advised
- Completion of journals to facilitate accurate financial reporting at month / year end
- Issuing of Intercompany Statements and agreeing balances with other companies within the UK
- Completion of journals to facilitate accurate financial reporting at month / year end.
- Assist Financial Accountant in producing evidence during audit fieldwork at year end reporting.
- Assistance with data entry for annual P11d Submissions and monthly/quarterly ONS submissions
- Offer support to Financial Accountant/Group Financial Controller on ad-hoc finance requests.
- Cover for ad-hoc property/facility requests for the team as required
- Working towards accountancy technician qualification (AAT or equivalent) is desirable
- Experience of Microsoft Accounting Systems (AX Dynamics 2009) would be an advantage
- Can-do attitude with willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to pick up additional ad-hoc tasks as requested
- Work as part of a team as well work individually on regular occurring tasks and processes
- Good telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with retail staff
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals when chasing overdue funds
- The ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong IT Skills
- Based in Dorking
- £21,000 - £22,000
- Office based for initial training but can work from home some of the week after
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'