Our client is a niche manufacturing business based in West London. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant to join their head office finance team.
The Finance Assistant is to take ownership of the AR & AP function with support from the Management Accountant. They will be responsible for the integrity of the AP/AR Ledgers and work to deliver within agreed SLAs and KPIs. Their role will also include identifying and proposing process/system improvement to make the operation more efficient.
• Receiving and recording invoices from suppliers
• Management of supplier ledger data, contact detail, vat number etc
• Allocating invoices to production purchase orders
• Reconciliation to suppliers’ statements
• Initial payment run & allocation of payment to invoices
• Recording and comparing invoices received with estimates and/or forecasts
• Making sure that Invoices are approved within agreed SLAs
• Managing Suppliers queries as per SLA’s
• Supporting internal teams with Suppliers/Spent related queries
• Managing employees’ expenses
• Raising Sales Invoices (system generated) and emailing them to customers
• Checking invoices to make sure that they are accurate
• Sending periodic and on demand statements (System generated)
• Owning the Proforma Process (Raising & email PF invoices and follow up with collecting funds)
• Managing Customers queries as per SLA’s
• Supporting internal teams with Customers/Sales related enquiries
• Cash collection as per SLAs/KPIs
• Raising credit notes when required
• Receiving payments and allocating them to customers
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
1. Proven experience in Accounts Payable/ Receivable or both, preferably as standalone position
2. Great attention to detail
3. A Good understanding of Bookkeeping principles
4. Eager to always learn & improve
5. Knowledge of accounts payable/receivable principles/processes
6. Ability to comprehend and manage financial records
7. Meticulous data entry skills
8. A talent for numerical coding
9. Sufficient understanding of accounting concepts to correctly code expenses
10. Solid organisational and communication skills with the ability to build solid relationships internally across the team and externally with customers and suppliers
11. Proficiency with accounting software.
This role offers a hybrid work pattern, 2-3 days per week in the office, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'