PE Global is currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant permanent role for our client based in Birmingham.
Reporting directly to our Financial Controller. The role will be to assist with ensuring that the day-to-day functions of the Finance department run smoothly. Purchase ledger focused.
- Entering Supplier invoices onto Sage and allocating them to the correct nominal codes.
- Checking Supplier invoices against the purchase order log and issuing them out for approval.
- Presenting the Managing Director with invoices for final approval, ready to be added onto our payment schedule.
- Signing off postage and courier invoices ready for payment, by following the correct approval procedure.
- Submitting claims and following them through to receipt of payment.
- Reconciling credit card statements to ensure that all receipts have been received, and all VAT has been reclaimed.
- Submitting payments onto the bank correctly and matching them up onto Sage.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the head of finance.
- Review and adhere to department budgets.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified.
- Report any discoveries of suspicion to the head of finance.
- Adhere to the company’s organisations financial policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to customers, and clients as needed.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, assisting with financial reporting to managers.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Solid communication skills.
- Good understanding of data privacy standards.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work to deadlines given.
- Knowledge on how to use Microsoft packages, such as Word and Excel.
- Must be part AAT / AAT qualified.
- The ideal candidate will be in their first few years of their career and must have experience working
in an office environment.
- Experience using Sage Accounts is not required, as on the job training will be provided.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on + or alternatively send an up to date CV
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'