Nigel Wright is proud to be supporting a reputable business based in Durham in their search for a Finance Assistant. The key responsibilities of the role are for the day to day financial administration across the business. To provide support to the Financial Controller and Management Accountant across various financial matters, including cash management, sales administration and month end accounts preparation.
- Assist the FC and MA with all financial matters through the year.
- Maintain the cashbook and bank reconciliations.
- Sales administration, including raising internal and external sales invoices and working with operations for cash collection.
- Assistance with month end accounts preparation and balance sheets.
- Preparation and analysis of cost reports for operations, including being day to day contract with operations for financial information requests.
- Processing of internal and external hire plants as well as central costs - including overseeing accounts for 3rd party payroll payments, car leases, fuel cards, credit cards, employee expenses and mobile phone costs.
- Assist with statutory compliance in relation to CIS and VAT.
- Working alongside the accounts payable function, including processing of supplier and subcontractor invoices and payments as required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working within a finance function.
- Understanding of accounting processes and procedures, with experience working across multiple areas of a finance function.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ideally AAT qualified with a good attitude and strong work ethic.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'