Cove are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join an established client near Caldicot.
As the Finance Assistant you will primarily assist the Finance manager in all respective duties within the finance department.
We’re looking for someone who is confident in working both sides of the ledger and enjoys dealing with payroll, previous knowledge or understanding of Sage 200 Accounts or Sage 50 would be ideal.
You will have a passion for Excel and be able to extract and manage data with ease. Being an affective communicator would come naturally, along with having a hands-on approach to work.
In the absence of the Finance Manager you will be required to effectively oversee the operations of the department. In terms of career progression candidates that can demonstrate their ability will have the opportunity to assist with more enhanced accountancy lead tasks.
This is certainly a great move for someone ready to take that next step, maximising what this position has to offer.
Include, but are not limited to
- Credit Control and Query Resolution
- Liaising with Site/Area Managers
- Processing Purchase Orders and Goods Receipting
- Processing Purchase Invoices
- Dealing with Purchase Invoice/Order queries both internally and externally
- Raising Sales Invoices
- Housekeeping and Maintenance of Sales and Purchase ledgers
- Month end payment runs and ad hoc payments
- Receipt Posting
- Assisting with weekly payroll
- At least 2 years’ experience working in Finance
- IT Proficient - good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be advantageous
- Experience of Credit Control and payroll
- Used to working with multi companies and multi ledgers
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication skills -
- Comfortable with liaising with external contacts in a professional manner
- A team player with strong personal values, showing integrity and proactive work approach
- Good attention to detail
- Salary between 25-26k with death in service benefit
- Hours Monday to Friday 8.30-17.00
- Holidays 28days inc bank increasing with longevity
For more information please contact a member of the team at Cove recruitment. Please apply with your most recent CV.
- Advanced Excel
- Credit Control
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'