Responsible to the Financial Accountant for the Cashier duties, assist Purchase Ledger as well as certain administrative matters within the scope of the role.
- Received, open and distribute post each day and send post at the end of the day
- Record cash received, allocate BACS and cheques to members’ accounts and maintain records
- Reconcile bank statements to Dimensions
- General ledger banking
- Production of manual cheques and payments
- Purchase ledger input
- To hold and reconcile petty cash balance monthly and submit for approval
- To reconcile petty cash for regional offices on a monthly
- General office duties including copying, filing and assisting purchase
- Take credit card payments from members/ customers. Prepare the credit card payments for posting to ledger
- Support Purchase ledger and Credit Control during busy periods/holidays
- Holiday/sickness cover for Accounts assistant/credit control
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- We expect the job holder to be on the first stages of the AAT qualification or have an interest to start AAT
- Previous experience in an accounting function is required and experience of trade association work would be an advantage
- The job holder should have good communication skills and a good telephone manner
- Ability to priortise and manage competing priorties
- Petty Cash
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'