- Setting up new customers and clients on the Sales Ledger.
- Creating monthly invoices through the sales ledger, including any extra charges
- Carrying out all bank reconciliations, including posting non-automatic transactions
- Arrange and set-up direct debits for the payment of fee
- Reconcile sales ledger to the bank account on a daily basis and allocating payments
- Check all sale ledger balances to the nominal ledger on a monthly basis
- Reconcile the system to the nominal ledger for the personal allowance monies
- Requesting and completing necessary forms and paperwork for government agencies
- Manually process any non-automatic payments, updating resident accounts, the nominal ledger and banking the payments
- Prepare a monthly Aged Debtor report to include details of actions being taken
- Contact all account payers who are in arrears and arrange payment
- Agree and arrange any refunds of overpayments
- Arrange any court action required to recover unpaid charges
- Create ad hoc invoices as required for the sale of goods by the organisation
- Reconcile the credit card statements to the bank account and code the transactions.
- Process the monthly Barclaycard statements, ensure receipts are received for all transactions, properly authorised, coded and entered into the financial system
- Must have a full UK drivers license and use of a vehicle due to office location
- Part or fully qualified AAT or related accountancy qualification
- Previous experience of working within an accountancy role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external clients
- Diplomatic and discreet, with excellent empathy skills
- Courteous and compassionate while being persistent in the recovery of debts
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to organise own work and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft office, including Word and Excel
- Based in Burgess Hill
- Free lunch every day
- Onsite parking
- 2.5% annual pay-rise (discretionary)
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'