Please see details below:
To assist the school business manager in financial administration in the main office.
This post will involve all aspects of financial administration in the school, with specific emphasis on banking and the processing of purchase orders, delivery notes, statements and invoices for payment.
Range of Areas/Tasks
1. To receive and sort orders, delivery notes, invoices and statements for processing.
2. To enter all orders onto the finance system.
3. To match delivery notes to invoices and then distribute for approval.
4. To process invoices on the finance system and prepare for payment.
5. To log, follow up, invoice queries with suppliers
6. To reconcile supplier statements, requesting copy invoices, logging new queries etc as necessary.
7. To maintain finance files as directed.
8. To assist in the processing of cheques, both on the finance system and manually.
9. To assist in cash handling – receiving, counting, entering onto the finance system.
10. To be aware of procedures for electronic and manual reconciliation to have the ability to assist in these areas if necessary.
11. To receive incoming post/faxes/messages, distributing and ensuring that the attention is drawn to any urgent items.
B. Finance – General
1. To collect and record the receipt of cash/cheques/valuables and the safe storage of such.
2. To assist with administration for lettings, third party use, extended school use or community use of the premises.
3. To enter, maintain and update data using the using the computerised management information system and maintain accurate manual records
4. Input and retrieval of reports from the computerised management information system.
5. To ensure timely and accurate input of petty cash expense receipts into Finance system.
6. To assist in analysis and journalising of photocopier and catering recharges.
1. To sort and send in / outgoing correspondence, including faxes, post and cheques.
2. To take telephone calls and general enquiries, to liaise effectively and professional with other colleagues.
3. Liaising and responding to queries from the Local Authority, parents, governors, staff, members of the public, contractors, third parties and other agents on behalf of the school.
4. To undertake filing, retrieval of documents, photocopying, faxing, typing, producing memos.
5. To be responsible for the collection, safekeeping and banking of dinner monies, trip income and all other monies handled by the school office, maintaining accurate records. At all times reporting to the Business Manager any areas of concern or discrepancies.
6. To be responsible for the first stage of debt collection, including writing and calling parents who owe money and report and hand over all significant debts to the School Business Manager weekly.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job