RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a true market leader in the financial services arena who is authorised to offer a range of financial services products in over 20 countries within Europe. They have a great opportunity for a Finance Assistant for a maternity cover contract for 10 months but has the distinct prospect of going into a perm contract. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Finance Assistant role?
The role will involve data input to maintain accounting records, reconciliations and liaising with clients. To perform tasks under supervision as well as be able to assess work priorities using their own initiative. Being able to show professional judgement when completing reports with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency. To perform the daily tasks consulting with various members of the Accounts Receivable department, other Teams and with external clients.
What will you do as a Finance Assistant?
• Daily Reconciliations and Month End Reporting
• Reconciling load channel payment reports and preparing claim invoices
• Invoicing clients, monitoring aged debtors and dealing with client queries
• Month End reporting and reconciliations
• Using bank online systems to view payments, allocate receipts and perform bank reconciliations
• Maintaining customer credit floats
• Assist other team members with month end and ad-hoc reporting
• Other miscellaneous ad-hoc tasks as required by the manager
• Providing cover for other team members’ work on third party billing/reconciliations when necessary
What do you know that makes you a great Finance Assistant?
• Previous experience of reconciliations in a Finance function essential
• Ideally the candidate will be AAT qualified or already working towards their AAT qualification
• Previous experience of working in Financial Services preferred
• Relevant experience in the provision of administrative support to management required
• Knowledge of Oracle Financials, or similar accounting software desirable
You will already live locally or have a set arrival date.
Salary £22k - £23k depending on experience plus package.
- Accounts Receivable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job