Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with an International Manufacturing Business based in Bristol, to appoint a Accountants Assistant, to report in to the UK Finance Manager.
Michael Page Finance are pleased to be partnering with one of the Leading Manufacturing Businesses in the UK. They are consistently driving to achieve significant results and are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join them in their Finance Team.
- Assist in the preparation of the statutory Financial Accounts for all entities as well as act as a point of contact during the year end process with external auditors.
- Maintain the short term cash flow forecast, report weekly variances to forecast, continuously look for ways to improve accuracy for both inflows and outflows.
- Ensure that all capital expenditure is appropriately authorized, processed in SAP correctly, reconciled and reported against budget monthly. Working in collaboration with the Strategic Finance team in respect of the capital approval process.
- Lead all VAT returns and ensure full compliance with all VAT regulation for both invoices as well as internal processes.
- Complete all government reporting for Office for National Statistics (ONS) and where appropriate European Sales List (ESL).
- Assist in the semi-annual reporting process for long-term financing partners.
- Support ongoing financial accounts transformation projects and contribute to the ongoing review and improvement of process.
- Level 4 AAT (or taking final exams towards it) or appropriate university degree.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel modelling and formulae.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to challenge.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact between Group Finance and other key stakeholders and teams throughout the business and externally.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a 'can do' attitude.
- Strong working ethics and be dynamic and enthusiastic to strive for highest levels of accuracy.
Study support will be provided for a professional qualification (CIMA / ACCA)
Competitive Salary £22,000 - £26,000