** FINANCE ASSISTANT**
This is an great opportunity to join a successful York based client. This role will be a permanent Finance Assistant to join Finance Team based at the Head Office in York.
YOUR NEW JOB...
- Processing invoices, authorising payments, raising payments, reconciliations, processing expenses, raising invoices, dealing with any queries and other ad hoc duties
- Support the Payroll department (exposure to BACS, Tax, PAYE, NI, P45’s, P46's, P60's would be advantageous)
- Support the payroll with salary changes, expenses, pension, SSP, etc.
- Produce reports and statistics
- To maintain an accurate up-to-date filing system and finance database
- Answering calls and emails
- Cover and support other team members holidays/time off
- Purchase and Sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Cheque payments/bank transfers
- Month end finance support
- Payroll and Payroll journals
- Mileage reports
- Filing and postage
- General admin and adhoc duties as and when required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE...
You will be enthusiastic, passionate and will have excellent attention to detail. You will ideally come from a finance/admin background and possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Finance Assistant used to working in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Resilient with the ability to deal with challenging situations
Must have flexibility in hours, as extra hours may be required.
Must at least 1 year’s previous experience of working in finance or accounts department
You will have good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You will have previous experience of working to tight deadlines.
You will be a strong team player but with the ability to work independently and will be able to prioritise a busy, varied workload. You will be a good communicator (written and verbal) with a strong supporting focus.
Hours of work: - Monday to Friday 9:00-1:00PM, 20 hour contract, with flexibility to work extra hours as required
Hourly rate: up to £9.00 per hour dependent on experience
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job